Great news! Last night, thanks to the tireless work of advocates like you, the United States Senate passed the National Alzheimer’s Project Act (NAPA). The bill now moves to the U.S. House of Representatives. But there’s no time to rest. Now more than ever, we need your help to keep NAPA moving. Make your voice heard. Pick up the phone right now and tell your member of Congress to pass NAPA. Find your member of congress here: http://bit.ly/evzbXu and tell them:
Hello, this is [name] and I am a constituent from [town].
- As you may know, today the Senate passed the National Alzheimer’s Project Act.
- This bill will:
- Create a strategic plan to overcome the Alzheimer’s disease crisis,
- Coordinate federal efforts to improve Alzheimer-related care, services and research.
- Please ensure that the National Alzheimer’s Project Act is brought up for a vote in the House during the lame duck session.
- Finally, I would like to personally request that the Representative vote YES on the National Alzheimer’s Project Act (S. 3036) – which will take the first steps in the fight against Alzheimer’s, but will not require any additional federal spending.
- On behalf of the Alzheimer community, thank you for your leadership. I look forward to hearing from the Representative regarding his/her vote on this critical bill.
We are so close to making this bill become a reality. Please send a message to Congress that Alzheimer’s disease cannot be ignored.